Being COVIDSafe at MPavilion
1. Maintaining Physical Distancing together
- maintain 1.5 metres between yourself and others at all times
- follow the signs: there will be signage to guide you through the space
- leave the venue as soon as your event finishes so we can clean before the next session
- set boundaries around the venue, and maintain safe distances between presenters and audiences at all times
- adhere to strict venue capacities, allowing for density limits and social distancing requirements
- actively (and kindly) remind audience members to maintain physical distance
- maintain 1.5 metres between ourselves and others at all times
2. Cleaning & Hygiene
- practice good hand hygiene: wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitiser
- sneeze or cough into your elbow
- make cashless payments only, including Apple Pay
- eat and/or drink individually-portioned food and drink, available from our kiosk
- have hand sanitising stations at the entrance—and around—the venue
- clean the venue thoroughly before and after each session
- wear masks when coming into close contact with the audience, plus other personal protective equipment (PPE) while cleaning
3. Contact Tracing & vaccination status
Contact tracing is a process of gathering information about the people who someone with coronavirus (COVID-19) has had contact with, and locations the person has been when they are infectious.
From Thursday 2 December 2021, visitors over the age of 12 must show their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of entry.
(From Victoria State Government’s Department of Health and Human Services)
- ensure you are fully vaccinated (two doses)
- register at the venue by scanning the QR code at the entrance as soon as you arrive
- Show proof of your vaccination status or exception
- be at the ready to assist you with the check-in process if required
4. Awareness and care
- pre-register your free ticket (only applicable for some events)
- stay at home if you feel unwell, and organise to get officially tested. No matter how mild your symptoms, or how sure you are that you don’t have COVID-19, you are doing the best for our community by staying at home
- know the symptoms of COVID-19 – fever, coughing, sore throat and shortness of breath
- read / look at our COVIDSafe signage (if you are able)
- follow our COVIDSafe directions
- alert our staff if you begin feeling unwell while at an event
- refuse entry and / or service to anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms or without authorised proof of their full vaccination status or exemption, and insist they leave the venue. This is our legal right as event holders, venue operators, colleagues and community members
- put in place contingency plans if events need to be moved or cancelled, and communicate with you if anything changes
- answer any questions you may have. Our safety rules may be strict, but we are very friendly! If you’re unsure about anything before you attend an MPavilion event, you can email us. We are here to help make your visit to MPavilion safe, comfortable and uplifting.
MPavilion 2021 is delivered under a COVIDSafe Plan, with guidance from the Victorian State Government, City of Melbourne Council and independent risk assessors.
Our COVIDSafe Plan will be updated as circumstances change and our website will be updated with any additional information for your safety.
If you’re unsure about anything before you attend an MPavilion event, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.