Marketing & Communications Coordinator
MPavilion & Naomi milgrom foundation
The Naomi Milgrom Foundation is dedicated to bringing exceptional art, architecture and design to the lives of Australians. Established in 2014 the not-for-profit organisation pivots on a central purpose—to enhance the presence and influence of creative culture in Australia. This is accomplished through the active support of artists, designers and creative institutions, the fostering of collaborations between bodies and disciplines, the championing of art and design education, and an overarching commitment to making the arts more accessible to more people across the country.
This role is an outstanding opportunity to work alongside the Chief Executive Officer, to coordinate the marketing, communications and public relations activities of the Naomi Milgrom Foundation and its projects, including MPavilion and Living Cities Forum.
With flair, enthusiasm and ease, the marketing & communications coordinator will determine and produce the Naomi Milgrom Foundation’s marketing and communication deliverables, with a key focus on MPavilion and Living Cities Forum. Centred on developing dynamic marketing campaigns, broad audience and stakeholder engagement, and fruitful public relations outcomes, this role is all about promoting, celebrating and expanding the Foundation’s important work.
The successful candidate for this role will be a social media powerhouse—someone who speaks the language of digital marketing fluently, has content strategies flowing from their mind 24/7, and an effortless handle on SEO. They’ll collaborate with the leadership team to keep the Foundation’s social media and online program strategies fresh, exciting, rigorous and innovative, and excel in the use of social media business management tools to extend the reach and effectiveness of this process.
about the role
Key responsibilities include:
– working with the senior leadership team to develop the marketing and communications strategies for the Foundation’s key projects MPavilion and Living Cities Forum
– managing the implementation of the marketing and communications strategy for MPavilion and Living Cities Forum. This entails working with the CEO, leadership team and agencies to bring the projects to life, taking a hands-on approach to preparing copy and social media in particular
– supporting and further developing a comprehensive social media strategy across all platforms with impressive expertise in social media. This includes the creation of dynamic and meaningful digital assets
– generating monthly performance reports using analytical tools to propose and coordinate social media spends
– developing and implementing a content marketing solution across communication platforms. This includes collaborating with the program, editorial and agency teams to deliver timely social media, digital, public relations and publishing activities
– ensuring partners and sponsors engage with content marketing opportunities, and that partnership obligations are met
– seeking out marketing partnership opportunities to raise the profile of the Foundation, its projects and initiatives
– developing, delivering and managing media partnerships
– delivering day-to-day publicity duties including media enquiries, press releases and media packs, interviews, photo opportunities, and videography, while briefing colleagues and collaborators as required
– developing and maintaining a media list for the Foundation
– collaborating with the program team to develop compelling story angles and secure placements with key media
– ensuring awareness of upcoming events, and overseeing speaking engagements, launches and media moments
– coordinating the service provision by our external public relations agency appointed to support the Foundation’s projects, and sharing their regular written progress reports with the CEO
– developing and coordinating stakeholder relations, including government, collaborators, sponsors and media partners
– maintaining records of contacts, and regularly communicating key major announcements
– developing end of year media reports to include in acquittal reports and fundraising proposals
– coordinating award applications and stakeholder briefings in collaboration with the broader team
– developing regular work in progress reports assessing the effectiveness of the communications strategy and any emerging issues, opportunities or risks and share with the CEO
– ensuring all relationships within each project are collaborative, supportive, enthusiastic, team-orientated and effective
– other marketing and communication activities as directed by the Chief Executive Officer
Key Performance Indicators:
– implementing the marketing and communications strategies for MPavilion and Living Cities Forum
– working within the Foundation, stakeholder and government timelines
– working with the team and agencies to bring the marketing strategy to life (specifically style guides, digital social media, public relations and publishing) within the MPavilion and Living Cities Forum media schedule
– managing public relations activities around MPavilion and Living Cities Forum to support the Foundation’s profile: promoting events, managing ticket sales, coordinating audience development and generating general coverage
– reporting monthly on media outcomes during the MPavilion season
– reporting on long leads and any other media opportunities during the off-time of the MPavilion season
– managing the public relations agency, assess performances, and give monthly progress reports of their work to the CEO
– working closely with the CEO to ensure that content marketing and promotional commitments to partners are realised, and proactively identify and communicate further partner opportunities that may emerge
Key selection criteria:
– a minimum three years previous experience in a similar role
– proficient in planning and posting content across all major social media platforms
– demonstrates excellent literacy and copywriting skills
Please forward a cover letter addressing the above role requirements as well as your CV to email@example.com by Friday, 21 May 2021. (unless position is filled prior).
Applications are considered upon receipt.