MPavilion is seeking motivated, versatile and enthusiastic Casual AV Technicians for a diverse and dynamic events program that will take place over four months from early December 2022 until April 2023.
MPavilion AV Technicians are responsible for managing the setup and presentation of all events. This includes audio, lighting and AV recording. The AV Technicians will ensure the onsite delivery of production requirements for each event during the season, as well as provide a friendly and informative face to visitors attending these events. MPavilion AV Technicians should be flexible, reliable, solutions focused and have the ability to work both independently and as part of a small team.
AV Technicians will be inducted into the site safety procedures, and represent the company in a safe and responsible manner.
MPavilion holds Workers Compensation and Public Liability insurance for all employees.
- Seasonal 4-month contract through the MPavilion season
- Flexible casual role from December 2022 to April 2023
- This position reports to the Production & Technical Manager
- Assisting with the transportation of equipment between the MPavilion site and storage
- Installing, operating and packing down event production equipment at MPavilion
- Operating audio, lighting and static cameras for recording (training provided on specific methods) during live events
- Maintaining detailed reporting systems including completing and submitting pre and post-event reports
- Ensuring all specified events are recorded to a high standard and communicating with the Production & Technical Manager if issues arise
- Working with MPavilion Production & Technical Manager, Site Operations Manager and FOH staff to ensure event set up is well organised and runs on time
- Working closely with the Programming team to liaise with presenters and collaborators, ensuring that the event is delivered to MPavilion quality standards
- Continually uphold expectations around safe working conditions and practices as outlined in site induction and MPavilion OHS documentation
- Assisting MPavilion Site Operations Manager in keeping the workplace clean and tidy
- Nurturing relationships with stakeholders and collaborators
- Collaborating with all onsite team members, ensuring a happy and positive staff culture
- Knowledge and experience in event setup including audio, lighting and AV equipment
- Knowledge and ability in operating live events including mixing audio and cueing video content
- Experience in managing a stage/performance space; keeping time, liaising with artists, speakers, stakeholders and collaborators, etc
- Professional standards, attention to detail, and neat and organised work methods
- Ability to troubleshoot technical and logistical production issues
- Creative, solution focussed thinking and the ability to make decisions independently
- Ability to multitask and manage a sometimes varied workload to time restrictions
- Reliability and commitment to creating an excellent experience for guests and stakeholders
- Willingness to maintain a friendly, approachable and helpful demeanour on site
- Strong and confident interpersonal skills with a genuine enjoyment of event production
- Knowledge of safe working conditions and practices of an outdoor event site
- Experience in AV recording
- Experience in mixing musical acts/bands
- Interest in design, arts and architecture
- First Aid certificate
- Valid drivers licence
- Working with Children check
As an organisation that champions diversity and is committed to providing an inclusive, supportive and safe workplace we strongly encourage applications from people that are First Nations, CALD, BIPOC, living with a disability, LGBTQIA+, and from other minority communities.
If you are interested in applying, please email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
We would love to hear from you!Click here for full position description