9 October 2018 – 3 February 2019
See the full program of free events
Open daily 9am – 4pm and earlier/later for scheduled events
MPavilion is open every day—rain, hail or shine—except Tuesday 25 and Wednesday 26 December and Tuesday 1 January, and on Monday 31 December we will close at 2pm.
In 2018, the MPavilion Kiosk returns with the best in Melbourne’s summer foodie offerings—from a cup of the best coffee in town thanks to our friends at Three Thousand Thieves, to tasty locally-made treats, themed picnic items and delicious boozy beverages. Yes, you can purchase from a range of boutique alcoholic drinks from Shadowfax, Four Pillars and Two Birds Brewing (please bring photo ID—no BYO alcohol allowed), so pack a blanket and come spend some time with us in the gardens!
The Kiosk is open daily during the MPavilion 2018 season.
MPavilion is located in the Queen Victoria Gardens, opposite the Arts Centre on St Kilda Road, Melbourne.
Wominjeka (Welcome). We acknowledge the Yaluk-ut Weelam as the traditional custodians of the land on which we meet. Yaluk-ut Weelam means ‘people of the river camp’ and is connected with the coastal land at the head of Port Phillip Bay, extending from the Werribee River to Mordialloc. The Yaluk-ut Weelam are part of the Boon Wurrung, one of the five major language groups of the greater Kulin Nation. We pay our respects to the land, their ancestors and their elders—past, present and to the future.
HOW TO GET TO US
- By train: the nearest train station is Flinders Street Station. From there it’s a short tram ride or walk to the Queen Victoria Gardens.
- By tram: the nearest tram stop is 14–Arts Centre/St Kilda Rd (Southbank), accessed on routes 1, 3, 3a, 5, 6, 8, 16, 64, 67 and 72.
- By bike: MPavilion is just off the Capital City Trail. Bike hoop parking is available on St Kilda Road.
- By car: Metered on-street parking is available on St Kilda Road. The nearest car park is located at the Arts Centre.
- There is wheelchair access from the paved paths in the park to MPavilion, with a short distance on the grass to reach the structure.
- From the nearest parking/taxi drop-off point on St Kilda Road, it is approximately 60 steps to reach the MPavilion.