Get Married At MPavilion!
Receive a reminder on the day of the event. Some events will also be published for playback anytime, we’ll let you know when its published too.
Thanks for your interest.
We’ll notify you on the day and also if a recording is made available.
Want to Get Married at MPavilion?
Has the pandemic really put a downer on your wedding plans? We understand that getting married can be expensive and difficult at the best of times, so we’d like to help out—by offering the happiest and light-filled 2021 MPavilion to be your venue!
On Saturday 9 April, we’re inviting you to tie the knot at MPavilion with a ceremony of your own, followed that afternoon by a picnic party for the whole community.
We’ll provide the best venue in town—MPavilion 2021, ‘The Lightcatcher’ aka ‘The Lovecatcher’ designed by Italian duo MAP Studio (Venice) in the beautiful Queen Victoria Gardens with the city as your backdrop—as well as a registered celebrant, a photographer and a DJ.
Please note: each ceremony will be a standalone event. The number of ceremonies we host throughout the day will be dependent on interest and resources, and we will consult with each couple to ensure we can accommodate your needs and wishes.
Perhaps MPavilion or the Queen Victoria Gardens has significant meaning to you and your partner? Maybe the date is particularly important, or just perfect timing? Perhaps it will make your special day more special than you can otherwise afford? Let us know why you two need to be a marriage made in MPavilion!
Expressions of interest are open now. We only have a limited number of ceremonies available, so get in quick!
See you in the gardens—with wedding bells on!
*Please ensure you are familiar with the legal requirements and necessary paperwork to be filled out prior to marriage. Details can be found here.
Things to note:
- Venue is free of charge, along with DJ, celebrant and photographer.
- MPavilion is fully licensed with an operational bar. Drinks can be arranged by us but at the cost of the couple.
- This will be a communal wedding. There will be slots available for each couple’s ceremony with a communal celebration in the gardens for everyone involved.
- We have a photographer capturing the general day, but if you want your own specific photos, we recommend you arrange one yourself to avoid disappointment.
- You are welcome to BYO food, and we can also work with you to arrange catering if you wish. All food comes at the cost of the couple.
- Capacity is limited, dependent on the current restrictions at the time. As of 25 October there is a current capacity of 300 people for standing room only events, which are the highest capacity events at MPavilion.
- All couples will need to be fully vaccinated or hold a current medical exemption in order to get married at MPavilion.
- MPavilion will have staff monitoring audience members upon entry to ensure their details are taken for contact tracing and to ascertain vaccination status, with further COVID wardens around the venue reminding attendees to physical distance.
Applications close – 17 December 2021
Couples notified – Early January 2022
Wedding Planning – January – April 2022