Program Picks for a Feel Good Start to 2023
The start of a new year has long been a time to reflect and reset. Whether health and wellbeing are on your list of new year’s resolutions or you’re looking to combat some post-holiday blues, we’ve got you covered.
top program picks for a feel good start to 2023:
- New Games: Togetherness through PlayBring out your inner child and join us for an afternoon of outdoor fun with artist/game-maker duo Helen Kwok & Chad Toprak, as they facilitate a series of activities inspired by the New Games movement. From Lemon Jousting to Ninja, Cosmic Counting to Spaghetti Standoff, there’s fun to be had by both adults and children alike.
MMeets—New Games: Togetherness through Play
Sunday 15 January 2023
- Natural Ink Making with Kaji MundoJoin artist and co-founder of Kaji Mundo, Fiona Caripis for a lunchtime session to learn all about natural screen printing ink and heritage colours. Then, get hands-on and create your own print using foraged colours from the gardens surrounding MPavilion!
MMeets—Natural Ink Making with Kaji Mundo
Monday 16 January 2023
- Hymn for the BodyStart the year with a yoga-based movement and meditation workshop accompanied by live music. If you’re curious about movement and music, then come along and explore your physicality in a supportive and approachable atmosphere. Surrounded by an immersive soundscape, you’ll leave feeling uplifted, calm and connected to others.
MMeets—Hymn for the Body
Monday 16 January, 6-7.30pm
Saturday 25 February 2023, 10.30am-12pm
- Transmute: Elementally Inspired MovementWhen we live and move in habitual ways, it’s easy for our bodies to succumb to tension, tightness and stuckness. If you’re curious about how to experience your body in a different way, come along and practice mindful movement, breath and sound inspired by the elements and facilitated by experienced physiotherapists.
MMeets—Transmute: Elementally Inspired Movement
Sunday 29 January, 10am-12pm
Sunday 26 February, 10am-12pm
- Choir PartyChoir Party brings together vocalists from all across Victoria—from the shyest shower singers to the most skillful superstars. Come along to MPavilion for a joyful evening of music and song, and you may even be tempted to join in!
Friday 3 February
- Pilates in the ParkGarage Pilates returns to MPavilion! Join Sebastian Coles for an enjoyable, full body workout to start your day. Catering for all levels of Pilates experience, Sebastian integrates movement, breathing and body conditioning—building from mobility movements to structured strengthening. Don’t forget to BYO mat and water bottle.
MMeets—Pilates in the Park
Every Tuesday in February