MPavilion is Australia’s leading architectural commission and design event conceived and created by the Naomi Milgrom Foundation. Every year, one new temporary pavilion designed by a leading international architect is erected in Melbourne’s historic Queen Victoria Gardens. Over summer, MPavilion becomes a design and cultural laboratory, home to a series of talks, workshops, performances and installations.
The MPavilion season runs from Friday 12 November 2021 to Sunday 27 March 2022. Each month’s events will be curated by a different theme.
This program is open to people 25 and under based in metro Melbourne and regional Victoria.
We strongly encourage applications from people that are First Nations, CALD, BIPOC, living with a disability, LGBTQIA+, and from other minority communities.
it for you
- Hands-on experience planning, curating and delivering events
- Bring your vision to life on-site at MPavilion 2021, as part of a supportive team of creatives
- Access to MPavilion’s extensive network of designers, architects, planners, artists, curators and creative professionals
- Meet like-minded individuals passionate about the arts, culture, design and architecture
- Utilise the free venue that is MPavilion to host workshops, reading groups, craft sessions, with an opportunity to perform, showcase your projects, artwork or fashion collection at Australia’s leading design commission
- Participate in a safe space to learn about the local arts culture and how programming works
- M_Curators will meet every fortnight on Thursdays from 5-7pm, from mid September to mid March. Meetings will be held both online and in the city (with the exact location to be confirmed)
- The sessions will involve learning more about MPavilion and the architects, workshopping the events corresponding to the planned themes, exploring ideas for the program and then planning a variety of events.
- Depending on the direction of the programming of the events we will invite guest speakers to attend the workshops to help with planning.
- Snacks will be provided!
Want to be involved,
bUT NOT QUITE SURE
IF THIS IS FOR YOU?
If M_Curators is not for you but you still want to be involved in MPavilion’s 2021 program, check out our expression of interest program, open now.
Call for proposals opens — Wednesday 28 July 2021
Call for proposals closes — Sunday 22 August 2021
MPavilion season runs — 12 November 2021 — 27 March 2022
Please direct any enquiries to email@example.com.Apply Now