We’re hiring – Community manager and marketing assistant
Community manager and marketing assistant (3-4 days per week)
MPavilion is seeking a moderately experienced, enthusiastic community manager and marketing assistant, with considerable skills in social media, image and video production, writing and attention to detail.
MPavilion is an annual architecture commission with a four-month program of free events. We are a tiny team that do big things to a standard that attracts worldwide recognition. We enjoy what we do immensely and work very hard and fast at it. As part of the team, you will be an integral part of getting engaging content that communicates our extensive program, and any related projects, out to the public.
You will be part of a small team that is responsible for producing every part of the project, and you will therefore work closely with all facets of the organisation.
- Seasonal contract with potential to transition to further employment.
- Beginning as a part-time role (2-3 days per week) April/June and scaling up to 3-4 days per week (9am–5pm) from August, including some at-home evening and weekend hours.
- Reports to deputy creative director immediately and whole team in weekly meetings and where necessary.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Available late April start date TBN.
Community management will consist of planning social media strategy and schedule with the MPavilion team, preparing content and managing uploads, devising advertising strategy and serving ads, sourcing content, producing still and video content as required, posting content and interacting with the community. Out-of-hours work includes some posting, monitoring and where appropriate, responding to comments and questions from the public.
This position would also support by assisting marketing, working with the whole team to list events in MPavilion’s public program and when required, assisting with external online event listings.
The ideal candidate will be able to; use clear, concise and grammatically correct language; ensure that all written communications are in line with MPavilion’s style guide; manage workflow and priorities independently; identify processes, tasks and resources required to reach goals; and be adaptable, positive, professional and logical. Familiarity with the history, style and voice of MPavilion and personal interest in architecture, design and contemporary art will be considered highly.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Managing and monitoring online community platforms
- Creating and maintaining schedules for posting content
- Creating and maintaining schedules for applying and managing spend on social media platforms
- Liaising with MPavilion team to create online communications strategy and timelines for all platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, MPavilion newsfeed and newsletters
- Managing flow of content and visual assets to ensure events are published online in a timely manner to allow for proper promotion of events and in time with planned schedules
- Checking submitted assets for suitability and following up to ensure details are accurate and images are correct size and format
- Preparing pages in WordPress CMS and uploading assets ready for publishing
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in similar role
- Solid experience with Facebook Business Manager
- Ability to sustain a high level of care and meticulous attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Still and video image production and editing skills
- Familiarity with Hootsuite, CrowdFire, Later, Tweetdeck, Squarelovin or other community management apps
- Experience with and knowledge of social-media conventions and best practices, including community management
- Familiarity with Google Docs, DropBox
- Experience with Content Management Systems, including WordPress
- Exceptional capacity to learn and solve problems
- Ability to self-motivate, meet deadlines, and take initiative to complete tasks both within and outside the scope of duties
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and maintain flexibility with shifting responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to give and receive honest and direct feedback
- Calm demeanour and positive attitude under pressure
- Willingness to be part of a close-knit team and thrive in a collaborative environment
BONUS POINTS FOR
- A knowledge of and interest in the history, style, and voice of MPavilion
- Interest in design, architecture and contemporary art
- Proficiently in using InDesign
- Demonstrated sub-editing and proof-reading skills
- Knowledge of copy-editing marks and editorial procedures
- Strong copy-writing skills, and previous experience writing for the arts and culture sector
If you like the sound of this – we’d love to hear from you. Please e-mail your cover letter and CV (or provide a link to it) to Jessie French firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 29 March 2016. Feel free to include any additional background information you think may be helpful.
Founded in 2014, MPavilion is a unique architecture commission and design event for Melbourne, initiated by the Naomi Milgrom Foundation with support from City of Melbourne and the Victorian State Government.
Every year an outstanding architect will be commissioned to design a temporary pavilion for the Queen Victoria Gardens, in the centre of Melbourne’s Southbank Arts Precinct.
An event hub, a meeting place, a temporary landmark, a spontaneous detour and an invitation to experiment, each MPavilion brings creative collaborators together to present a free, four-month program of talks, workshops and performances from October to February.
The 2017 MPavilion will be designed by OMA / Rem Koolhaas & David Gianotten. The 2016 MPavilion was be designed by Bijoy Jain of Studio Mumbai and will soon have a permanent home at a location to be announced soon. The 2015 MPavilion was designed by AL_A, the studio of Stirling Prize-winning architect Amanda Levete, and will soon have a permanent home in a park on Collins Street, Docklands. The 2014 MPavilion was designed by Australian firm Sean Godsell Architects, and now has a new, permanent home at Melbourne’s Hellenic Museum.
We have a small team that works closely together to achieve a huge amount to a standard that has attracted worldwide interest and recognition. Visit mpavilion.org, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @MPavilion for more information and updates.