We’re hiring – Assistant to CEO and Creative Director
Assistant to CEO and Creative Director (3-5 days per week)
MPavilion is seeking an enthusiastic assistant to creative director of MPavilion and CEO of Naomi Milgrom Foundation with excellent organisational, writing and administrative skills as part of our small fast-paced and flexible project team.
The Naomi Milgrom Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation that initiates and promotes great design, architecture and cultural events and projects. It delivers and manages MPavilion.
MPavilion is an annual architecture commission with a four-month program of free events. We are a small team that do big things to a standard that attracts worldwide recognition. We enjoy what we do immensely and work hard and fast at it. As part of the team, you will be an integral part of delivering MPavilion 2017 by supporting the project at a high-level.
You will be part of a small team that is responsible for producing every part of the project, and you will therefore work closely with all facets of the organisation (publicity, marketing, fundraising and programming).
- 3-5 days per week – including some after hours
- Reports to creative director/CEO
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Available early April start date TBN.
This position is focussed on working with the creative director and CEO to provide administrative and written support with board reports, partnership agreements, government reports, correspondence, fundraising, finances, programming, foundation website and project meetings. It would also involve assisting with managing partnership relations and supporting MPavilion marketing and publicity activity.
The ideal candidate should have excellent administration and organisational skills, identify processes, tasks and resources required to reach goals; and be adaptable, positive, professional and logical. Familiarity with the history of MPavilion and personal interest in architecture, design and contemporary culture will be considered highly.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Managing schedules, timelines and programming templates
- Report writing, partnership agreements and sponsorship documents
- Research, editing
- Managing correspondence with sponsors, business partners and government
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in similar role
- Strong communications skills and experience in the arts and culture sector
- Excellent computer skills and experience in using InDesign and Microsoft Office
- Writing and editing skills
- Ability to sustain a high level of care and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional capacity to learn and solve problems
- Ability to self-motivate, meet deadlines, and take initiative to complete tasks
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and maintain flexibility with shifting responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to give and receive honest and direct feedback
- Calm demeanour and positive attitude under pressure
- Willingness to be part of a close-knit team and thrive in a collaborative environment
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Copywriting experience
- Experience dealing with government reports and fundraising applications
- Experience with online content management systems
- Proficiency in using Photoshop
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector and boards
- A knowledge of and interest in MPavilion
- Interest in design, architecture and contemporary art
If you like the sound of this – we’d love to hear from you. Please e-mail your cover letter and CV (or provide a link to it) to Robert Buckingham email@example.com by Wednesday 29 March. Feel free to include any additional background information you think may be helpful.
Founded in 2014, MPavilion is a unique architecture commission and design event for Melbourne, initiated by the Naomi Milgrom Foundation with support from City of Melbourne and the Victorian State Government.
Every year for four years, an outstanding architect will be commissioned to design a temporary pavilion for the Queen Victoria Gardens, in the centre of Melbourne’s Southbank Arts Precinct.
An event hub, a meeting place, a temporary landmark, a spontaneous detour and an invitation to experiment, each MPavilion brings creative collaborators together to present a free, four-month program of talks, workshops and performances from October to February.
The 2017 MPavilion will be designed by OMA / Rem Koolhaas & David Gianotten. The 2016 MPavilion was be designed by Bijoy Jain of Studio Mumbai and will soon have a permanent home at a location to be announced soon. The 2015 MPavilion was designed by AL_A, the studio of Stirling Prize-winning architect Amanda Levete, and will soon have a permanent home in a park on Collins Street, Docklands. The 2014 MPavilion was designed by Australian firm Sean Godsell Architects, and now has a new, permanent home at Melbourne’s Hellenic Museum.
We have a small team that works closely together to achieve a huge amount to a standard that has attracted worldwide interest and recognition. If you would like to be part of this culture of excellence, we invite you to explore this career opportunity.